Here’s a short list of useful words for Easter, you can learn right now:
- Hot cross bun spiced sweet bun usually made with fruit, marked with a cross on the top, and traditionally eaten on Good Friday in US. It tastes best eaten warm with butter.
- Palm leaves are very important on Palm Sunday, which is the Sunday before Easter in the Christian religion. They are a symbol of victory, triumph, peace and eternal life.
- Easter eggs – decorated eggs used as gifts on the occasion of Easter. The oldest tradition is to use dyed and painted chicken eggs, but a modern custom is to substitute chocolate eggs wrapped in coloured foil, hand-carved wooden eggs, or plastic eggs filled with confectionery such as chocolate.
- Easter bunny – symbol of Easter, depicted as a rabbit bringing Easter eggs as a gifts
- Duckling – a young duck
- Daffodil – one of the first flowers blooming after the winter frost; it symbolizes rebirth and new beginnings
Do you want to learn more?
Watch videos with our American teachers to enrich your vocabulary